In Australia, we love our outdoor adventures. Whether we’re hitting the beach, bushwalking, or camping, having the right apps can make the experience even more enjoyable. Here are some of the best camping travel apps in Australia that you should consider downloading before your next camping trip.
1. Wikicamps Australia: This is an essential app for anyone who’s planning on camping in Australia. It will help you find campsites, caravan parks, and other accommodation options, as well as providing you with valuable information about each one, such as amenities, fees, and reviews. You can also use it to locate nearby attractions, food and fuel, and even locate public toilets.
2. AllTrails: This app is great for hikers and outdoor enthusiasts. It includes detailed maps, as well as information about nearby trails and hikes. It also provides reviews, so you can get an idea of what other hikers thought of the trail before you set off.
3. Google Maps: This app is a must-have for travelers in Australia. You can get detailed directions to any destination, as well as find out what the traffic is like in the area. You can also see the opening hours of nearby attractions and restaurants. Additionally, Google Maps includes features like Street View and satellite imagery, so you can get an idea of what the area looks like before you arrive.
4. Weatherzone: This app is essential for camping in Australia. It provides up-to-date forecasts, as well as detailed information about temperatures, wind, and rain. It will also let you know if any storms are on the way, so you can plan accordingly.
5. TripAdvisor: This is one of the most popular travel apps for Australia and the world. It provides reviews from other travellers who have been to the same places you’re planning to visit, so you can get an idea of what to expect.
With these apps, you’ll be well-equipped for your next camping trip in Australia. Download them before you go and make sure you’re ready for whatever Mother Nature throws your way.
Do you want to go on a camping road trip in Australia but don’t know where you want to go? Check out our camping road trips here.